Saturday, October 28, 2006

A morning note

A young girl's desperate cry for "daddy" broke the slience that had embraced the green pavalion early this morning. It created a small commotion as vistors started gathering around the girl each attempting to calm her down.

Me awoken from my brief morning nap at the counter desk as usual was reasonably quick to react.

Doing my very best to comfort the child and at the same time struggling to maintain a professional image to the half dozen pair of kpo eyes.

The little girl's tiny hand clenched firmly around my fingers, feeling more secured her loud crys eased to soft sobs.

I asked for her name, in between her sobs she murmured words i could not register. I dialed the ranger hotline but before i could complete my message, the girl's family appeared suddenly and disappear as fast.

No thank you? I was wondering. Maybe another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home